Improving one’s health is a major key to living a long and happy life. There are numerous ways to improve health, but it is advisable to stick with those that are easy for you to pull off. The best way to improve your health is by making little changes that aren’t so draining at first; Eventually, you can add more activities, and build on old ones— This helps you create stepping stones for harder tasks in the future. Health is wealth—the earlier you start improving your health, the better.
Here are ten simple steps to get you on the road to better health.
1. Create time for walking: Walking has been known to be the easiest form of exercise. If you don’t want to stress yourself too much in the name of improving your health, the best way to go about it is by taking a walk. At least 20 minutes per day is a perfect start.
2. Train Yourself: Try lifting a hardcover book or a two-kilo weight a few times a day to help tone your arm muscles. When it becomes too easy doing these tasks, move on to a harder task or you can consider joining a gym class.
3. Eat at least one fruit or vegetable a day: Fruits and vegetables are very good for our body. The potassium in fruit can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Potassium also reduces the risk of developing kidney stones and helps to decrease bone loss as you age. Try to eat at least one fruit daily for better health.
4. Make the best of breakfast: Start the day with some fruit and a serving of whole grains, like oatmeal, bran flakes, or whole-wheat toast.
5. Reduce calorie intake: At this point, reducing even a single sugar-sweetened soft drink or calorie-laden latte can make a huge difference. If you consume more calories than your body needs, the leftover calories are converted to fat. Too much fat can lead to health problems.
6. Eat as many nuts as you can: Walnuts, peanuts, and other nuts are essential for a better health. They are good for your heart, and can come in handy when you need a snack. You can also use them in place of chips, cookies, or even meat. They are very tasty too!
7. Eat ‘fruits of the sea’: Sometimes, we should change our normal routine, and try out something different. Eat fish or any seafood instead of red meat at least once a week. It helps the heart, the brain, and the waistline.
8. Breathe deeply: Take a deep breath and breathe slowly for a couple of minutes each day, it relaxes your body and refreshes your brain. It is a known fact that doing this also lowers your blood pressure.
9. Wash your hands often: Always wash your hand with soap and water every day. Bacteria can be a stumbling block to better health and greater well-being— the only way to avoid them is by being clean at all times.
10. Count your blessings: Go down memory lane each day and acknowledge the blessings in your life. Practicing gratitude can help you recognize the achievements you’re making, and can also motivate you to make more. While you’re doing this your mind is at rest, leaving no space for anger, anxiety or worry.
PO Box 590,
MANLY NSW 1655 AUSTRALIA
1300 997 669